Thursday, February 19, 2009

Endorsements for Blooming

The publisher is putting out a media package for my book, so I sent out a few electronic copies, hoping for usable comments. I am so pleased with what came back.


Marian’s descriptive real-life stories, written with a delightful twist of wit, captivated me immediately. The author, as it were, welcomed me to be part of her family’s experiences, whether glad or sad, and I became a guest reluctant to ever leave. She invited me to walk with her on her personal pilgrimage. As I watched the children grow, I saw Marian grow from a woman who valiantly strove to “keep the rules,” to someone who gained a deeper understanding of what it means to be embraced by Grace and led by the Spirit. Her stories readily found a place in my heart, and their inherent lessons will continue to bless and challenge me for a long time to come. (How can I ever forget the ladder in the tulips, Mrs. Z, or the wedding dress?)
Angelina Fast-Vlaar. Author of Seven Angels for Seven Days and The Valley of Cancer.

Marian communicates her progress as a pilgrim with a realistic down-to-earth look into her own heart as she shares real-life experiences we can all relate to. She employs a unique technique: just be yourself. Her honesty and authenticity are sure to help others on their spiritual journeys.
Rev. Diane Elms, Gospel Crusade of Canada


This book is a delightful smorgasbord for anyone who wants to reflect spiritually on the ordinary miracles of grace between God and humanity that serendipitously occur on a daily basis. Marian celebrates the agony and the ecstasy of being human with humor and honesty, while leaving the reader begging for more!
Christina Belcher, MWS, MEd, PhD (Cand)Associate Professor of Education
Redeemer University College



If you like finding hidden treasure, this book is a must-read. It is full of precious, colourful gems. Blooming will make you laugh, fill you with an abundance of joy, and possibly cause you to shed a tear or two.
Linda Fisher, friend

Endorsement from John Arnott

No comments: