Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rewards and Challenges of Being Mom

Challenge: Choosing not to make Elizabeth's bed.
Reward: Elizabeth decides to keep a neat room for no apparent reason.

Challenge: Saying No.
Reward: A random hug.

Challenge: Trusting Amanda.
Reward: Being able to trust Amanda.

Challenge: Buying the right shampoo.
Reward: a big hug.

Challenge: Letting Allison make mistakes.
Reward: Hearing Allison pray to God.

Challenge: Letting Paul do it his way.
Reward: Watching Paul succeed.

Challenge: Making a supper everyone likes.
Reward: I believe in miracles.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hope one day to be as excellent a mom as you are.

Rod and Bec said...

This made me smile.
I'm glad you blog, by the way.
Bec

Laura J. Davis said...

I loved this, especially the last one. I'm going to believe that miracle can happen in my house too!

Marian said...

Thanks everyone. You give me warm fuzzies.

Karen said...

I liked this too. So often the challenge is not to do the easy thing!