Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Cranberry Village Campaign

(continued from previous post)
We were led back to our presentation table decorated with three balloons. Tony pulled out some papers and began showing us deals. There was the 50-year, two-bedroom, with a studio apartment on the side, plan. We said, “Absolutely not.”

There was the 50-year, one-bedroom deal. We said, “No, thank-you.”

There was the studio deal. “No, no, no.”

There were several variations on these deals. Then, I gasped as I heard my husband Marty say, “I don’t think we’ll be camping after I retire.” I glanced at him with shock. Was this my husband who wasn't going to sign up? Didn't he remember our strategy: we are campers, out-in-the-woods, next to the bears and coons, in a tent, campers? Was this the beginning of the end?

Marty looked at me and then asked if we could be left alone to discuss matters. Tony readily agreed. “What do you think?” asked Marty when we were alone. “No,” I said, “No, no, no.”

Part 5 – The Cranberry Village Conquest - Monday

4 comments:

Ellie/Gerard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie/Gerard said...

Oh, no! You're going to leave us hanging until Monday?!

Marian said...

Yes, I am. But, I'll post first thing Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marian
Just thought I'd let you know that your book is in the Hanover Christian book store.
Have a good week.
Tami