Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Drinking at the Virtual Fountain of Youth


A wee game of wii.

Yesterday I was 37, the day before I was 72, Sunday I was 32. My Wii age is up and down like a horse on the merry-go-round.

“But Mom, that is not a true test of anything,” says my daughter, Amanda, who is taking three math courses in her program at McGill this semester and knows about that sort of thing. I believe her, but I am addicted to testing my Wii age. I think this is because of the way the test is set up.

The Wii test claims to measure balance, speed and stamina as it takes the devotee through three exercises in tennis, baseball, golf or boxing in seemingly random combinations. I believe the exercises of the day are calculated to disprove the results of the previous day. This keeps me coming back.

When I learn that I am 28, I want to prove I can stay 28 no matter what the Wii throws my way. When I am 79 (the oldest I have have ever been) I want to regain my youth.

Speaking of youth, please excuse me, I must check my age.
Today I am 66.

No comments: