Monday, September 12, 2011

This is Streamlined Service?

(continued from previous post)

I decided to ask the lady at the desk beside a big blue number 4. She looked pleasant enough.

I told her I would like to ask her a simple question about my daughter’s driver’s license. She told me she wouldn’t be able to answer my question. She really didn’t even want to hear my question.

She told me I would have to go and stand in the information line and they would give me a number and then I could have my question answered.

I asked her if I would end up back at her desk after I stood in the line. She told me she couldn’t tell me that and I would have to stand in line and find out.

I asked her which line was the information line and how long it was. She said I would have to stand in line and find out.

I told her my daughter had phoned and emailed, but no one had answered the phone or the email. I asked if they ever answered the phone.

She said no because that would take time away from the person who had been standing in line for two hours to talk to her.

I asked her if I would have to wait in line for two hours. She said I would have to go and stand in line, so she could help the next person who had already stood in line for two hours.

I asked her if the government intended to hire more people. She said she didn’t know what the government intended to do. I guess that since DriveTest is now under a private operator, this was entirely the wrong question. 

I thanked her and went to find the appropriate line.

“Sorry about THAT,” I heard her say to the fellow she should have been talking to.

As I mentioned, I had trouble leaving behind a trail of joy.

(to be continued)

No comments: