Saturday, January 26, 2013

Minnie Goes To Heaven

During the month of November I took part in National Novel Writing Month. I wrote about 2000 words every day excepts Sunday. I took Sundays off. My parents would have liked that.

Today, January 26th would have been my mother's 92nd birthday. In this novel the main character is loosely based on my mother. So in honour of my mother I am posting this novel, beginning today. I'm hoping you'll enjoy the read and leave comments along the way. You might even want to argue with the theologymy parents certainly would because they are in Heaven and know what it is really like.

This book is dedicated to my Mother and to Snoopy who gave me the first line.

Minnie Goes to Heaven

A Novel

It was a dark and stormy night. Not that Minnie worried about that now. She never worried about anything unless it hadn’t happened. 
The last thing Minnie remembered before she found herself lying here in this green field was that she had been driving the freshly paved concession, the wind blowing, the rain pelting and the wipers not quite keeping up. She had been having trouble seeing past the wiper blades. She must have missed the stop sign at the end of the road. Come to think of it, the stop sign could have been that red blur that scrapped past her ear just before her pick-up left the pavement.
Now she was lying in this green field. The storm had disappeared. The grass wasn’t even wet. The grass was a cushiony soft green grass, by far the greenest most splendid grass ever.
She wanted to be here forever, if just to smell the smells, the aroma of brewed coffee, lily of the valley and fresh laundry just off the line, but a thousand times better than all that. She could just lay here forever. This must be heaven.

(to continue reading, simply click on Newer Post below)


No comments: