Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Minnie Goes to Heaven (130)

(a novel continued)


‘Now what?’ prayed Minnie one snowy morning. She felt that the Lord required something more. John felt it too. ‘Wait on me.’ Minnie heard in her spirit.  The Lord impressed on them that they should fast. 
John and Minnie only drank water for the next two days. The third day they cut out the water as well. Then they heard the Lord, ‘The task I require requires sacrifice.’
‘Lord, tell us and give us the ability.’ John prayed.
‘I want you to sell all you have and give it to the poor. I want you to go out into all the world and preach the gospel. I will meet all your needs. Simply go where I direct and do as I say. You will see even greater miracles than you have seen here in Haven.’
‘Can we think about this?’ John asked. ‘Can we perhaps put out a fleece?’
‘Ask anything and I will perform it.’
‘Well,’ Minnie said, 'That’s easy. I ask that George and Henry give their lives to you.’
‘Yes,’ John agreed, ‘we ask that George and Henry turn over their lives to you completely.’
'"Consider it done.'
The next day John called the realtor and listed the house as well as the nursery.
The day after that George and Henry came to visit. They were beaming. “Mom, Dad, we have something to tell you,” George said.
“We have never been so happy,” Henry added.
“We’ve given our lives to Jesus,” George said.
“How does that change things for you?” John asked.
“It’s very amazing,” George said.
“I knew that if I gave my life to Jesus, He would want me to live a holy life. That’s why I put Him off for so many years. I like my life the way it was. Besides I really didn’t think it was fair the way God created me. I always figured if He created me with an attraction to men instead of women, it wasn’t fair that He called that sin."

No comments: